Wednesday 14 January 2009

Say When: Catherine Deveney - Book 2, 2009

Say When: Catherine Deveney
Type: Opinion
Rating: 10/10
Comments: As the article linked above (I couldn't find any link to her book) puts it, you either love Catherine Deveney or you loath her.  I clearly am in the former category - I even went to Readings to have my book signed by her.  It's essentially a collection of her columns, most of which were previously published in The Age.  Catherine Deveney is a left-wing comedian with atheist beliefs, a proud product of suburban Melbourne (Reservoir) and LaTrobe Uni (which is not in the Group of 8). She makes no apologies for being who she is and saying what she thinks, albeit in a very funny and smart way.  Apparently she has dyslexia and can't spell, which could be a problem for most writers but she's either mastered modern spell-check technology or has a great proof-reader.

I don't agree with every word she writes but she certainly makes one think.

No comments: